Sunday, January 1, 2012

Home


Welcome to Our Bartlett Family.
.
This Bartlett family blog traces the known history of our family from the 1790's to the 1950's, from Kentucky to Missouri and is inspired by my great-grandfather, Ralph Sterling Bartlett from stories he had passed on to me over 30 years ago. However, my actual research did not start until late 2005 and expanded in a relatively short time from a small one page outline to a 100-plus page document and finally, to this blog, which began in 2007.

I am very thankful for the assistance of several distant cousins whom I have met while working on this project. Their input has been invaluable and has added so much more detail to our shared family history. You are welcome to any images and information contained in this history that may help to expand your branch of the family.

I hope what is presented here is both informative and interesting. 

Thanks for stopping by!
.
Mike Bartlett


Current Blog Status:
.
Hello Bartlett researchers! As you may already know, my research and updates have been few and far between for several years now. Life has taken me in other directions and my focus has been on other things. As a result, I am now finally having to face reality and am officially stepping away from this blog. I wish you well in your continuing research.

Baptism of Fire

by Eric A. Jacobson and Richard A. Rupp

Eric A. Jacobson and Richard A. Rupp published their long-awaited book, Baptism of Fire. It details the Union Civil War regiment (44th Missouri) that my gr-gr-gr-grandfather, Solomon Bartlett served in during the Battle of Franklin. He is specifically mentioned and his picture is included in this meticulously researched and historically fascinating book. 


Click on the banner below to order through Amazon.